Monday, June 17, 2019

Monday Again

Go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts to see what other people are working on.

Since last Monday I have been a little busy.

I finished piecing the T-shirt quilt. 
Now to quilt it.

I pieced my block for the Exchange.
My block

Debbie's blocks so far. One of her fabrics is a beautiful print with birds and flowers that is being used by some as fussy cut centers.

There was tree removal happening. Two large trees on our property had or were dying. The largest one was close to the house and we worried every time it stormed that it would come down on the house. No more worries.
I did not expect this many vehicles to show up, but there was the boom truck, two trucks to hold the shredded branches, the shredder, the stump picker-upper thing, and the stump grinder.
Cutting 
Shredding
More cutting and the stump picker-upper thing. I really don't know what it is called, but you can see the bucket and claw used to pick up the large branches and trunk pieces. The bucket/claw part could be rotated sideways to grab onto the branch or trunk before it was completely cut through.
A stump before it was ground down. Notice the huge pile of cut up tree in the back.
It was a four man crew and they worked very well together. They even relocated a Dove's nest. Sadly, the nest fell out of this tree and the eggs broke.

Husband got all his crops in the ground.
That cloud of dust, that's him. 

I got the yard mowed.
Beautiful blue sky with puffy white clouds.

My front garden bed is blooming with purple Spiderwort and Clustered Bellflower. The yellow lilies are just starting to bloom.

The mail carrier was so excited about the Bellflowers that I have dug some up for her. You can see them waiting in bags by the mailbox. 

I know I still need to do a LOT of work in my yard but that will get done. I did spend some time this morning pulling weeds. It was pretty easy since the ground is soft from the rain we got over the last few days. Not huge amounts like earlier this spring, but just enough to help the crops in the fields get going.

Now on the finishing laundry, cleaning floors, and some sewing/quilting.

No comments: