Monday, May 20, 2019

Happening Around Here

Quilt Exchange is coming up this weekend so I got busy and got my block made.
  











The picture on the left are Collette's blocks and mine has been added in the picture on the right - second row, left. This is a pretty collection of fabric.

I was able to get a little yard work done on Saturday before the wind picked up. Out of seven Knock Out Roses, three had died and needed to be dug out. After I dug and dug (this is when I realized exactly how out of shape I am!) we ended up having to use the tractor to pull them out. This is what the area looked like a couple of years ago. They really were beautiful so it was disappointing to realize they weren't coming back this year.

The three on the right are slowly growing. Three on the left did not survive the winter and the fourth did not look good so we pulled them all out. We decided to throw out a mix of natural wildflower seeds and see what happens.


 









I also got some veggies planted and here are some other things happening in the yard. I love this time of year.

And, there has finally been a break in the rain and Husband was able to do some field work today.


There are 10 school days left; nine with students. I am counting the days, let me tell you! Behaviors are a problem. We use an app called Class Dojo to track student behavior; red Dojo for bad behavior, green for good. Teachers create labels for different kinds of behaviors - kind to a friend, good choice at recess, honesty, on task, bad choice at recess, disrespect, bullying/hitting, not listening are a few examples. The boys especially are getting more aggressive as the days go by. They are acting out some video game or TV show. They are karate chopping and kicking, throwing punches, knocking each other down. The other aide and I have been giving warnings for a few days and today we started giving red Dojos. I have been getting messages from parents. That is good and I hope they talk to their kids. Some of the model students are even acting out. This time of year is very hard and seems to go on FOREVER. We are all looking forward to a break from school and some fun summer activities.

No comments: