Friday, May 22, 2020

Sunny Day

Today is looking sunny and warm so far. 
And not windy!

A purple iris decided to open now that it isn't being blown to bits and cold.
 So far the poppies have been opening one at a time. Many more are very close.

This peony is about to bloom. It is doing well in this spot. I wasn't sure it would since it doesn't get sun all day. 
I saw a hummingbird at one of my feeders yesterday. I wasn't able to get a photo. Those little hummers are fast!

I am apprehensive (d#*& coronavirus), but my car is packed. 
I am heading to my son's house tomorrow morning before I donate blood. I am happy to get to see him, my SIL and niece, but worried about the risk. I am also happy to be passing some of my junk stuff off to him. He might as well sort through it and get rid of stuff he doesn't want now as later when I am gone. I have no use for it anymore. There is an small table top air hockey game that we used to play when he was younger. Many board games that he and GF can play to help with the boredom. She may take some to work for her consumers to play. They love games she says. A box of DVDs and video tapes which he will have fun going through and watching. An air compressor that he has been requesting. 
I finished the placemats for my SIL - two each of two designs. 
And, there is a wool stitched piece for my niece that should fit in nicely with her bee collection. My brother was a bee keeper.

Well, I guess I should get outside and enjoy this beautiful day. 

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Beautiful flowers!! Love your placemats and "bee". How nice to see your son and be able to get rid of "stuff" - stay safe - ;))