Monday, July 29, 2019

Random

When it rains...

Yesterday evening I pulled in the garage and pressed the button on the remote to close the door. I carried a few things into the house. I heard a noise from the garage and thought something fell. But, when I looked I didn't see anything. This morning when I tried to open the door it wouldn't go up. Hmm. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Turns out one of the springs broke.

It's that gap in the spring on the right. I tried to circle the spot on the spring that is broken, but I couldn't figure out how to change the color from black. As luck would have it (and usually the way it goes for us) our door uses a different size spring than most other doors. We need the weatherproofing strip on the bottom of the door replaced. They used the last they had yesterday, but have more ordered. We need an extra remote since one broke a few years ago. And the inside handle of an overhead door for the tool shed broke and needs replaced. The repair guy had none of this stuff in his truck. He left to go see what he has at his shop and said he would be back later today.

The alternator in one of the tractors decided to fail just as Husband was finishing up baling hay on Saturday. That had to be ordered. It may come in tomorrow, or maybe the next day. And, since this is a really old tractor they hope the ordered the right one.

The heating element in the oven had to be replaced a few weeks ago. The defrost drain hose on the refrigerator had to be cleaned out since water was puddling in the bottom of the refrigerator. And the handle that is falling apart was going to cost over $100 to replace. No thanks, out came the glue. Not pretty, but functional. I was not willing to spend that much for a handle on a 22 year old fridge. 

But, Monarch butterflies are enjoying the milkweeds out my front door. 


And the geraniums are blooming.

And the umbrella plant is doing well with new growth.


1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

When it rains - it pours at my house, too! But the monarch butterflies like your milkweed - the geraniums are blooming - and the umbrella plant is looking good - ;))