Monday, July 1, 2019

Monday Design Wall

To see what other quilters are working on go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

On my design wall today is a cute paper pieced bee. 
Well, actually two. I made the 6-inch size which will be a fair entry. The 3-inch size will be used in a future project.



They went through the printer well and were easy to remove after stitching.
The fabric for the wings has nice words - Bee Kind, Bee Caring, Bee You, Bee Happy, etc.

I got the binding attached to this quilt.
Now I will spend a few days getting it sewn down on the back. 
This binding was provided. The quilt maker purchased it with the intent to use it on this quilt so I felt like I should honor that. Besides, the blue in the print used for the border is much different than the blue, almost purple used for the back that I was finding it hard to find anything that was a better match. 

The link I provided for the June Taylor Foundation Sheets will take you to Amazon. The last few years I have found it harder to find certain things in my local stores so I have taken to ordering on-line. When I need to order something the first place I look is Amazon. I subscribe to Prime; I order a enough that it makes the annual fee worthwhile for me. If you use Amazon.Smile your purchases will help support a charity of your choice.

3 comments:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

way cute bee! The world is losing it's bees and food will be a lot less interesting if we can't figure out a way to save them. Happy Quilting, Sharyn

Sue said...

Your bee blocks are super sweet! I hear you on Amazon. I don't have a local anything besides Walmart. Thank you for sharing the link.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your bees are so cute!! The quilt binding color seems to coordinate well with the front border fabric - and that's the way it will be seen most of the time - so it looks good to me. Who cares about the back? - LOL. I hear you on Amazon, too! Since it is becoming harder and harder to find stuff locally - online shopping is the way to go - and free shipping with "Prime" is hard to resist - ;))