Wednesday, July 3, 2019

A Finish and A Start

It has been hot and humid here so inside sewing works well for me!

I finished sewing down the binding on this quilt. The color of the binding changes with the lighting. Here it is under my bright longarm lights. The difference isn't as noticeable under less bright lighting.
I only hope she is happy with the way it turned out. 


I have started a 12-inch block that will be a fair entry. 














This is from the 365 Challenge. Even though it is a 12 inch block the pieces are TINY; some as small as 1 inch.

I have been working on organizing my sewing/guest room still. I think it will be a never-ending project! 
Someone - you know who you are (thank you!!!) - shared these fabulous thread organizers with me. The link will take you to Amazon, but they are also available at Michael's, Joann Fabrics, and other places.
They are two-sided and have 24 compartments on each side. Well 23, but one in the middle is the size of two. They aren't quite full, but close! 

I like to organize by color, then by color number. Most of these are Medeira thread. I also have some from Sulky and Janome. The links will take you to those manufacture websites, but you can find Medeira and Sulky thread many places. I couldn't find a website where you can purchase individual spools of Janome embroidery thread but I did find thread assortment packs. I was given some Janome thread when I purchased my machine but that store was since closed. I have found that they are all pretty much the same quality. I hope to get back to working with my embroidery machine soon. Right after I figure out the Ultimate longarm machine, right after I get the sewing/guest room organized, right after....

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

The quilt binding looks great - I'm sure she will love it! Looking forward to seeing your completed block - the colors look yummy - and I love itty bitty pieces! And those thread organizers hold a lot of thread - more than I thought they would just looking at them - and they look so pretty filled up. Organizing is one of my "forever" projects - so I can relate to your "right after - right after" - LOL - ;))