Sunday, July 7, 2019

Cross Stitch and Sewing

I have been doing a little cross stitch when I sit with Husband watching TV.
It's small and I love sunflowers. This one has some beading and has a magnet to glue on the back if so desired. I think I will add it to a card. 
I have purchased several small kits, mostly Christmas, planning to use them on cards. I used to do really big projects, but stopped after my son was born. I was working full-time, commuting over 2 hours to and from work and dealing with all the things that are involved with a special needs child. I just didn't have time. After seeing some blogs posts showing counted cross stitch projects I wanted to give it a try again. But.... I'm not sure I enjoy it as much as I used to. I tend to start one, put it down for a while, and have a hard time starting up again. I need to work on one and get it finished.

I have a little area in our living room where I do most of my sewing. It is tucked behind my recliner in the corner, but has everything I need right at hand.

Starting to my right when sitting in my sewing chair is a 10 drawer unit that contains squares and strips sorted by size, small ironing stations,cutting mat, cork board with instructions for several projects.
Moving to the left is notion storage and sewing machine.
Keep going - design board in front of machine, cube to left with project storage.
I can see out the window...
...and watch TV.

This small drawer unit works great for storing sewing threads, needles, hand quilting notions.
I have turned it so the drawers open toward the corner. Fortunately the back is is nice as the front so it looks ok from the other side. 

Husband recently organized the Farm Office (dining table) into boxes and they are still sitting in front of the TV. I really don't mind if it decreases his stress and helps him find what he needs - mother's estate, farm/crop, insurance, etc. info all sorted into individual boxes. We hardly ever have visitors which is a good things since we have very little seating and what we do have is occupied!






1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like your set up! Everything is close and handy! I have one of those 10 drawer units - but have never found a good use for it - the drawers keep coming off the rails - LOL - what's your secret? - ;))