Monday, July 29, 2019

Monday

Retreat was very productive for everyone this time. I don't have photos of anyone but myself. I don't want to infringe on anyone's privacy. 

This is my block for the Exchange. 
I worked on it at retreat so I don't have a picture of all the blocks so far for this quilter. This quilter is using solids in colors that have a Southwestern look. What appears to be almost white is really more of a tan/taupe color and the yellow in the center is more gold.

After completing that I started back in on Bonnie Hunter's 4 Patch X that I worked on at the last retreat. I got the top completed.

I have four blocks left over. I am not sure what I will do with them yet. It depends on if I have yardage in my stash that will work. If I do I will piece these into the backing. If not I will likely get a wide back to use.
Maybe I will use them to make a cushion cover. I have two stadium cushions that I wrapped a towel around as a cover. Or maybe a mini quilt for the wall, or maybe...

Then I got the units sewn for another Icicle Star. 
 
I liked the one I made as a fair entry so much I have decided to make enough for a quilt using different colors. I am also changing up the greens. I think it looks like a flower with green leaves.

I am determined to finish up projects. I have so many. What will be next?

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Glad you're determined to finish projects - that makes one of us - LOL - ;))