Friday, July 12, 2019

Bugs and Quilts

I finished this quilt!











There was not much fabric left over when I applied the binding.
Yesterday was Sew Day at the local library where my Exchange Group meets. They meet the second and fourth Thursday of each month. The Exchange Group meets the fourth Saturday. Four times a year a four day retreat is scheduled to coincide with the fourth Thursday and Saturday.

Anyway I took Corrugated to hand sew the binding down. Got that finished and went to work stitching stars onto the Flag Afghan.
I loaded the Patriotic Stars quilt and as of this writing am a little over half finished with the quilting.

For some reason the quilt looks very yellow in this picture. The top picture shows the color better.

When Husband came in for lunch he reported that a cucumber was just the right size for eating. Thankfully he doesn't like them so I get them all to myself! They needed watered so I checked them out further as I was doing that and found another. I promptly ate both of them. Yummy. There are more coming.
Sadly, the celery did not survive outside.
Husband had also mentioned that he is concerned about the apple tree. We had very windy day early this spring just as the leaves were budding out and the top part of the tree just never leafed out well. But, today...
Let's get a little closer.
And, a close up of the leaves.
This tree is buzzing with Japanese Beetles. I was being bombarded while I took these pictures and had to pick several of them out of my hair. Yuck. This tree does still have some leaves and apples, but I don't know if it will survive this. It doesn't appear that the beetles will be leaving anytime soon.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your Corrugated quilt is beautiful! And the afghan stars are coming along nicely! I was hoping the celery would survive - it looked like an interesting experiment - maybe next time. And your poor apple tree - those beetles are overwhelming - I hope it makes it - ;))