Thursday, January 31, 2019

Do You Pinterest?

I do enjoy Pinterest. But, I can spend a lot of time looking and I have so many pins! Every year, since 2015, I have created a board to pin things that I find interesting or want to try. I also create a board for things I have made each year. There are a lot more to try than actually made.

I have so many interests - knitting, and more recently crochet, crafting in general, sewing, embroidery, quilting...


I have given away some yarn and a partially knitted sweater recently. 





I still have yarn for a couple of projects not started. And, I will continue to knit dish clothes and small ornaments.


I have been learning to crochet.



I have made more of these and given most away to my friends with Featherweights.



I'm still working on this afghan. My son and his GF have a beagle and I would love to make one of these for them.



Beagle

Isn't it cute?

I used to enjoy counted cross-stitch. Life got busy when my son was young (so many doctor appointments) and I finally gave all my projects and patterns away several years ago. In the past year or so I have slowly been picking it up again, working on small projects. 




Recently, I saw Hands on Design A Year of Celebrations and ordered it from Stitch & Frog. People are being very creative with their finishing of this cute little calendar squares.





I ordered some linen in two different colors in the count called for in the pattern - 32 count, stitched over two.



That is tiny! I am hoping this isn't going to be more frustrating than fun.



I did make myself finish the small project I was working on and will probably try to start this later today.




I also made a pincushion to put on the big ironing board. I used scraps from Charming Beauty. 

Seems that where ever I am my pins, scissors, etc. are somewhere else. I will probably end up getting more of everything so I have some at every spot I work at. 

So, so many things I want to try/do/make. I just need more time. Or to retire!

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I don't do pinterest - I spend too much time on the computer as it is - LOL. Your projects look good - and retirement sounds great!! - ;))