Monday, January 21, 2019

Three at a time

The wind has died down, snow is cleared from our drive and the plow has been down our road. 




I have been having a slight feeling of panic urgency I don't know what. I just know I feel the need to take care of some of my languishing projects. I don't do a lot of sewing or quilting during the school year. I am just not in the mood when I come home from school. I do work on some projects on the weekend. I work pretty hard during long weekends, longer breaks (like winter and spring breaks) and quarterly quilt retreats. I work like a demon during the summer. I get a project started during one of those times, but run out of time to finish so the project gets put away and may not see the light of day for a long time. I need to do something about that. I have been going through things to see what I am still inspired to work on and what no longer holds my interest.



As I've been organizing I have been deciding what I no longer have an interest in. I will be taking some things to retreat this weekend to pass on.




This is the big ironing board that came with the longarm. 



I had to rearrange this room - again - to find room for it. 

I'm glad I did. So far it has made a great work table!



The next pictures are of orphan blocks that I have.




These are left from a baby quilt for a co-worker. I like them enough I will keep them. They may become a cover for a chair cushion.





These are fair entries and all purples so they could go together into a quilt. I would have to make more.








These are leftovers from several quilts - all batiks. I cannot get rid of batiks!







This is from a Pat Sloan BOW/M (can'r remember). I didn't care for the other blocks and stopped working on this project after the third one. I like this one though. I think an entire quilt of Churn Dashes in Civil War prints would be nice.





These are leftovers from Old Crow, and one of the purple blocks shown above. Going away.











These are HST left from various projects and blocks made for blue month when I decided to do a montly color challenge in 2014. You can find more info here.



This is the orphan jar that lives on the big ironing board. It is filled with the blocks I decided to keep.



The following I pieces and parts that I have decided to pass on at quilt retreat. They have been hanging around for a long time and it is obvious that I will not use them.













No comments: