Saturday, January 19, 2019

Weather

Earlier this week I took some pictures of the frozen frost that was on everything. I intended to post them that evening, but our internet was out. Well, not completely out, but very slow and at times non-existent. Again. I really don't understand in this great time of technology and the fact that I live less than an hour from a major university and less than 2 hours from a major city that we don't have better internet service. Anyway, it had been slow for a few weeks. Husband called at the end of last week and was told that the issue was at our house and someone would be out on Monday to fix it. It was something outside and we didn't need to be home to let them in the house. Okay. Then we got a lot of snow over the weekend and fog on Monday so we were notified that the 'fix-it' guy couldn't do whatever needed to be done and we were rescheduled for Wednesday. Late that afternoon we noticed a truck sitting at the end of the drive to the barn. A few minutes later it left and stopped at the intersection a 1/2 mile down the road. It sat there for several minutes and then was gone. Our internet was back up. I don't know what the guy did, but our tower is right behind the house, not out by the barn. We did not notice anyone walking around the property so it appeared that whatever he did he did from his truck. Not sure why the fog would have been a factor if that is the case. Anyway, we now have a good connection.


Here are pictures I would have posted.
These first two are looking out my front door.



The next two are my front porch railing and a tree outside the cafeteria window at school.




These next three are the playground at school. I know the students would have loved to play in this, but when most are not wearing snow boots and some wearing only hoodie sweatshirts as coats going outside was not an option. I dislike inside recess.


 


This final pic is at my house this morning. We got a little snow during the night, but the winds have picked up and is blowing that snow all over. Visibility is low and there are drifts forming.


Husband was out cleaning out our driveway as I was typing this post. He wants to make things as easy as possible for our mail carrier. I am sure she will run into enough snow today so a clean driveway is the least we can do for her. I hope it stays clear long enough for her to get through.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Those snow pictures are beautiful!! It's pretty if all you have to do is look at it - just don't want to have to be IN it!! The "fix-it" guy did his "magic" - so that's good - if we knew how he did it - it wouldn't be "magic" - LOL. And I agree - I would dislike inside recess, too - too many kids - too much energy to burn - not enough room to run around to burn it off - that's what playgrounds are for. Hang in there - it will be Spring - eventually - ;))