Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Finished Top

No school today or tomorrow due to dangerously low temperatures and wind chills. At 6:30 this morning the temperature was -18 with a feels like temp of -54. Now at 12:30 it is -16 with a feels like temp of -43. The sun has been deceptively shining all morning. 

Since we had no school Monday I was able to get the final borders on Charming Beauty.



It's a large quilt, 93 x 103, so I was unable to get a full picture of it. 



Here is a picture of one corner. The fabric is just beautiful. It is Garden of Enchantment by Maywood Studios. Only some of the fabrics in the line are still available. How do I know that? See if you can figure that out! 

This is a kit my husband bought several years ago. He loves roses. I had gotten it out a few years ago and began cutting the pieces. Tip: read ALL instructions well before cutting. This kit had to go in time-out while I waited for new fabric. After that arrived I got all the pieces cut and put it away for a while. I did all the piecing and applique at retreat last week so it went together fairly quickly. It would have been even quicker if I had chosen to machine applique, but I didn't have thread the matched well enough for that so I did it by hand. I like handwork so I didn't mind.

After adding the last border I laid it out on our king size bed and asked Husband to have a look. He likes it. Yay!

Today I have been just putzing around, doing a whole lot of not much. We did have one pipe - cold water to the kitchen sink - freeze, but it just thawed as I was writing this post. Husband has gone to check on the animals and is expecting the water in the barn to be frozen. He will be happy the pipe in the house has thawed.

As much as I am unhappy with the rabbits in the summer when they are eating my plants, I do feel for them in the winter. We have at least one bunny who has taken up residence around my front garden bed. We have a chair that turned bottom up during a recent windy day. When I discovered Bunny was spending time there I left it that way.


Bunny also spends some time under the ramp.


Bunny had been snuggled up in a big tuft of grass at the end of the bridge, but it is now completely covered by the snow.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your quilt top is GORGEOUS!! Your weather is WAAAAY to cold for me - hope you and your husband and the bunny can keep safe and warm - ;))