Monday, January 21, 2019

Three at a Time, continued

I realized I didn't finish my Three at a Time post earlier.

I am working on three projects - all at the same time. It happened accidentally, sort of.

I am trying to finish up some projects and at the same time use up parts/pieces that I have stashed.

So, while working on piecing In A Pickle



I am also piecing Jack In The Box, a Bonnie Hunter Addicted to Scraps block as a Leader/Ender project. I had decided to make this when I decided to do the Color Challenge by SoScrappy - in 2014. Each month a new color is given to pull from our scraps. 



I had decided to make eight blocks of each color. All the blue blocks are finished and I am working on the pink ones.


















I had cut half the colors given and organized it well. Since I tend to put projects away for a long time I've learned that I need to keep projects organized and I need to make notes as I go so I remember what I have done and still needs to be done when I pick it up again. I found this Project Sheet here

Since there are bonus triangles generated from the Jack in the Box block AND since my quilt friends gift me with their bonus triangles (and other small scraps) I decided I need to get them used up. 



This pattern is Garden Mosiac by Denyse Schmidt. I am trimming by HSTs to 1 3/4 inch. I need lots of them. I have this organized by my machine, too.



All the little HSTs are going into that box on the floor. It doesn't look like much so far, but I have a pile of them ready to be trimmed. 



And, there are more, so many more, in a drawer, waiting.

So, I sew a seam on In A Pickle, sew a seam on Jack in the Box, cut the bonus triangle and piece it. Then another seam on In A Pickle, Jack in the Box ... and sew on.

On a final note, do you wear leggings? Most of the people I work with do. I don't, at least not to work. I have a pair that I have been wearing as sleepwear. I like that the are slick so they don't stick to the sheets. I feel like I have nothing on. And, they seem to show every bump/lump on my legs. I don't want to subject the public to that.


I don't know how people get past that feeling. Maybe it's just me. But, even with a tunic or long top I don't think I could ever wear them in public. 



1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Three at a time is a good idea! I try to have one ready for piecing - one ready for "in-the-ditch" quilting - and one ready for FMQ. Thanks for the links to the project sheets - and the Garden Mosaic pattern. I have LOTS of triangles just waiting for a project - and I think you found it for me. They would make a good "tweens" project - I don't call them leader/ender - I call them "tweens". And ummm - no - me in leggings? - Not a chance!! - LOL - ;))