Saturday, February 2, 2019

Today

Yesterday felt like a Monday. Last week we had no school on Monday due to poor road conditions and low visibility, school on Tuesday, no school on Wednesday and Thursday due to extreme cold, school yesterday. It seemed like everyone, staff and students, were a little out of sorts. It felt like a Monday, but boy, were we glad it was a Friday! The day seemed to go on forever. And, I will just say again, why is a doorway a good place to have a conversation? Even better, why is a doorway to the outside a good place for a conversation? Standing in the open doorway near where I have students sitting. WHY??!! That, among other things, baffle me. I can see why the kids behave the way they do when the example set by the adults is not that great. 


But, today I have happy thoughts.


I am still 
amazed and so happy to see blooms continuing on these geraniums.

Notice there are blooms open and a new set of buds that will be opening soon.

I have a new project today. Son's GF has asked me to make a baby quilt for her sister who is expecting in March. She requested gray and yellow and stars. I knew I didn't have much time and did a quick on-line search and found this.



She loves it and says it will go perfectly with the Pack n Play the sister is getting - gray with a star mobile.

I am using this panel for the middle. Glad I ordered it when I did. I just looked and it is temporarily out of stock!

Timeless Treasures Moon & Stars 24" Moon & Back Panel Grey

I am using the light yellow dot that is part of the collection as a thin border around the panel, then the stripe as another border.

Timeless Treasures Moon & Stars Moon & Back Stripe Grey

The gray with stars on the left is flannel and will be the backing and possibly the binding. It is out of temporarily out of stock too! 
Timeless Treasures Little Star 36" Bunny Book Panel Yellow
I also got this book panel. It is a cute story.

All these fabrics are two different collections from Timeless Treasures - Moon & Stars and Little Star Bunnies - and go well together. Love when that happens. Better get started!

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your fabric choices!! Better get going - March will be here before you know it - ;))