Saturday, February 16, 2019

It Is Getting Better...

...sort of.

My big ironing board is mostly covered with piles of fabric. This spot gets worse, then better, then worse, then better as I pull out fabric, sort it, fold it, and put it in the new spot.


I have been boxing up my son's things and clearing them out of the room. I am hoping that there is room for all of it in my car. 


Besides the 6 boxes in this room there is a 40 gallon fish aquarium with stand and a few more boxes in the garage. Oh, and an end table. Still a lot of work to do in there, but it is getting better!

On a recent shopping trip with my quilt friends I found this cute Pete the Cat fabric. I don't know what I will do with it yet, but I love Pete the Cat! I got some other fabrics too, but I will wait to show them until the fabrics I ordered to go with them arrive.

And... do you Konmari? I had heard about Marie Kondo a while back, but when the series popped up on NetFlix I decided to watch. I know the people on the show did this a room at time and not all at once like it seems, but I am unable to do that. I did find some of her advice helpful and will do a drawer or shelf at a time. 


Here is my T-shirt drawer. I also have done my kitchen towel drawer. Baby steps. Hopefully this summer I will get more done. 

And, this crazy geranium just keeps going and going and going...


1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your room IS coming together! I love your geranium - so cheerful! And I don't do "KonMari" - it came out years ago and I never bothered. I did find a "KonMaxi" method online that is more my style - I pick up an item from the shelf - thank it for the "memories" - and put it back on the shelf where it belongs - LOL - ;))