Saturday, December 31, 2016

TheNext Project...

... is this.



My friend's mother made this little lap-size quilt for her great niece. She wanted something simple so I helped her figure out a simple 5 inch square layout and then figured the yardage. My friend took her to Joann's to pick out the fabrics. I cut the squares and border pieces. She sewed the squares and border. She did not use 1/4 inch seam allowance. She did not use the same size seam throughout so this quilt is a little wonky. I am sure the great niece will not care, she is 7 months old.

The top is quilting cottons in yellows, greens, blues and red ( the red shows pink, I could not get the colors to adjust). The back is Minkee - a bright fuchsia pink. The binding is a medium mottled blue flannel.

The quilting is almost half finished, then I do the binding. I hope to have this finished and delivered by the end of the week.

I worked a little more on the Christmas paper piecing. I think I will be putting this away for awhile since I have other projects that have deadlines.

I think I need a border of some sort between the center block and the trees,but I am not sure what. I will think about that when I pull it out again.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oooh, I like the baby quilt - pretty colors - and the baby won't care that the seam allowances are wonky. Maybe green for the border between the Christmas blocks? - enough to separate them but be that noticeable? - And Have a Happy New Year!! - ;))