Monday, December 19, 2016

Design Wall Monday



 
Nothing on my wall...

... but I did put the final stitch in this quilt today.

These pictures are when it was on the frame being quilted.


















And, after quilting.

There is another row of hens on the other side of the quilt with a nest of eggs in the bottom nest.

There is a sun star at the top right corner that doesn't show in the picture.

Also, under the fence where the pigs 
are is a row of green and gold 'fields'. 
It is made in the same manner as 
the 'sky' at the top.

It's big. It more than covers my king-size bed. I have no place in my home big enough to get a full picture of it.

My plan had been to take it to school and ask the the secretary's two sons to hold it so I could get a better picture. Problem with that plan is that school has been cancelled yesterday, and again tomorrow, because of poor road conditions. It is so cold in my part of the country that salting the roads is ineffective. The roads are basically skating rinks.

I don't want to wait too much longer to let the guy know his quilt is finished, so hopefully I can get decent pictures on Wednesday.

While working on this quilt I discovered that I most likely did not have enough of the fabric I planned to use for the binding so I ordered more. And, oh wait, I don't have enough thread either!

While I was waiting for those items to shipped I quilted this little quilt for one of my quilt friends.


 She made it as a block of the month at a local quilt shop that is now closed. The fabrics are much prettier than this picture shows.

And, I made some bowl buddies.


This one is for a co-worker who is a Cubs fan and her daughter attends the University of Illinois. Cubs fabric was a little hard to find. I finally found some from an on-line shop but it sold out before they processed my order. Then I found it quite by accident in the local Wal-Mart, so I got 2 yards. And, it is wider than 45 inches.

 These are for a co-worker to give as gifts. She has fleece blankets in these colors that she is giving as part of the gift.



In the midst of all of this, my mother-in-law left this world. I am at peace with this. She was not the person she was before her fall/broken hip/stroke 3 years ago. Her suffering had increased the last few months so I am certain she is now pain free and enjoying being reunited with her friends and family who were waiting for her in heaven.

I have always said that sewing/quilting and knitting are my therapy. I even more thankful now to be able to do those things.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your quilt!! So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law - but glad that she is no longer suffering. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year filled with good health, happiness, and love - ;))