Thursday, December 22, 2016

Done and Delivered






This quilt has been delivered to the owner. He seemed very happy with it. He said his wife will love it.

Then, he told me they are moving. They will still be in the area, will still have the animals. And, the barn looks a lot like this one. They won't have the orchard, though.

I am very happy to be finished with this project. I enjoyed working on it...most of the time. Searching for just the right fabrics and patterns. Putting it all together was like working a puzzle. Machine quilting it was a challenge on my frame. I have a Mega Quilter with a 9" throat and I knew I would be lucky to not have turn it, but I did get lucky. I hand quilted the details of the barn. The animals have button eyes.

I did not have enough of the fabric I planned to use for the fence. But when searching for it on-line I found something that I like even better. I wanted to use the same blue for the binding that I used for the hourglass blocks on the sides so I ordered more. I did have enough. I realized two things as I was loading it on the frame - 1)he batting I had was not wide enough and I didn't want to piece the batting. 2) I didn't have enough of the thread I wanted to use for quilting.  Time lost while I waited for those to be delivered.

I grew tired of working on it, but loved it when it was finished. I was kind of sad to see it go, but I hope his wife and family love it.

He has promised me a picture of his family with the quilt.