Monday, December 26, 2016

On My Wall

Visit Judy's page here to see what other quilters are working on.

I am working on this t-shirt quilt.







It's another big one - close to100 inches all around. I need to sew on the top and bottom borders then it is ready to quilt.

My goal this year is to finish up UFOs. I have a lot. I stopped counting because I found that to be depressing. I seem to always put other people's projects before my own. Right now I have this T-shirt quilt, 2 more T-shirt quilts to make and quilt, a top that needs quilted, and a retirement quilt to construct and quilt. The retirement quilt has been in the works for a while, but I was waiting for everyone to send me their blocks. While I was waiting I pushed the other projects in front of it. Now I have all the blocks I can proceed with figuring out a layout.

I got interested in Pinterest a few years ago. I started out with a few boards. As I added more and more pins I created more boards trying to keep things organized, especially the quilt ones. I now have 81 boards. The biggest board has 105 pins. It is food pins and I have started new food boards so I can better organize them so I can better find what I am looking for. I know that may not be a lot, compared to some boards I have seen, but I find it easier to find pins if there are not a lot of pins on a board.

Last year I started a board for things I want to try soon - 2016 Pins to Try. Last night I went through and deleted pins I was no longer interested in, moved some to specific boards and what was left went into a new board - 2017 Pins to Try. I then deleted the 2016 Board. Some of the pins are multiples of an idea, some are techniques I want to try, some would make great gifts. There are currently 58 pins on that board. Right now if I tried one a week I would have them finished by this time next year. I know I will add more, but I think that is a good goal. And, it sounds doable, until I remember I go back to work on Jan. 2 and all my energy gets zapped by the end of the day. But, then there is summer break and I have more free time. Until I agree to do another project for someone. But, I am getting better at saying no. I have been telling people I am not taking any more projects until summer 2018 and then I refer them to another quilty person I know. I figure if they don't want to wait that long, it's ok.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with friends and family and that you have a great New Year!

2 comments:

maggie fellow said...

I love my pinterest boards too - good luck with your goals

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Happy New Year to you and your family!! I don't dare look at pinterest - I have trouble getting stuff done now - and that would probably make it worse - LOL - ;))