Thursday, December 29, 2016

Paper Piecing

I like to paper piece. I hate to throw away the little scraps I end up with from projects, especially batiks. Paper piecing, especially small blocks, works well to use those small scraps.
I have been printing out these paper piecing blocks from Block of the Day. Here is a link to today's block. You have to sign up. Every day a link to a new block is emailed. You have until the end of the month to print the block. I have been printing them for just over a year now and some of the blocks are repeats. I am slowly piecing them.


 I am making another angel for the upper left and will fill in with the dark blue 'sky'.


There is a block for Mary and Joseph. I may not end up using them because I think they are in the manger with Baby Jesus. :)
There are more cabin and tree blocks.
There are more ornament blocks.
There is a block for a snowman and a candle.

Right now I am thinking the manger as the center with angels above and Mary and Joseph under. Then some sort of border. Then the cabins and trees as a border around the center. Then another border, then the ornaments around. I am not sure the ornaments fit in but we will see.

Or, maybe the ornaments and Santa need to be a separate project.

I am also working on the Pat Sloan 182-Day Solstice Challenge which you can find here.
The challenge is on block 2.
Here are mine so far. I am using Civil War fabric scraps from my stash.


On the right is Block 1 - Churn Dash.
On the left is Block 2 - Day Into Night.




No comments: