Friday, June 29, 2012

On My Needles Friday

This week on my needles....

same as last week.










I have been concentrating on completing some projects while waiting for the black batting for Amish with a Twist.

This is Serene Glow. These are for the centers of the blocks.








And, I have decided that I don't enjoy sewing after dark. The lighting in my house isn't good and it's harder for me to see when ironing and cutting. The lights cause shadows and I feel that I need to be able to see better, especially when cutting. And, my family is watching TV and my sewing machine is in TV room so I am trying to do quieter things in the evenings. I have been working on hand quilting a top for a friend. Her grandmother pieced the top, by hand. I am quilting 1/4 inch inside all the pieces and outline stitching around the center black circle. It is a beautiful quilt, but it seems so big. It might take me forever to get this one finished!

No comments: