Monday, June 4, 2012




Design Wall Monday


Well, school is out so I will have more time to post... and quilt... and do all the other things that I put off during the school year to when I have more time.


So, here is what is on my design wall now.


It is Amish With a Twist by Nancy Rink. My husband order this for me - he's great about keeping me in projects! So glad we like the same things. Anyway, before this kit even arrived he told me that he wanted me to stop all other projects to work on it. After I started working on it he told me that I better hurry because he wants me to enter it in the local county fair! No pressure there.

You can see all the other projects I have going on on the side of the design wall and stacked in front of the bookshelf.


I have the top finished up to the 1st border.


I have all the applique pieces ready to be basted onto the 2nd border. And have started stitching them in place.


 







This part will take a while since I opted to do the applique by hand. I just am not happy with my machine stitching skills for applique yet.
















My machine quilting skills aren't where I would like them to be for this quilt, either.
I am pretty good at meandering and loop-de-loops and loops and stars. I love feathers and wish I was ready to quilt big beautiful feathers in the large border of this quilt, but I just am not ready yet. I also would like to be able to outline around the applique, but I am a little (OK, a more than a little :)  ) shaky on that still, too. I am thinking about doing the outline quilting by hand and machine quilting the rest. I would like to hand quilt the whole thing, but that would take me years!

I better get stitching!

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I love that your husband wants you to enter it in the County Fair! I totally agree with him! It's absolutely beautiful! I remember my husband telling me to enter our County Fair after he kept pointint to stuff and saying - "the (insert project here)you made is better than THAT!"