Monday, June 18, 2012

Design Wall Monday...

I have finished the top for Amish with a Twist (AWAT) and am waiting for the black batting I ordered to be delivered.
















Since I can't proceed with AWAT I got Mirror, Mirror out and back on the design wall. I had to take a few minutes to read through the directions again but have almost all the blocks are sewn together now. Next will be deciding on how to lay it out. The directions give several alternatives. I guess I will play around with it and see which I like best.



This is a kit my husband ordered. It came with batiks. I love batiks and the colors in this one are blues and greens. Nice cool colors that I am enjoying working with in this 90+ heat.

On another note, we delivered our son to his first camp of the summer. There is a school for visually impaired students in our state. This is his 4th year to attend. He learns a lot about adaptive technology and makes some friends that he keeps in touch with through email and texting. Plus he learns some independence lessons.
We will have a pretty quiet week here.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

YAY for quiet time! Lots of time to SEW! ;))