Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Frustration Flinging!! Reader Beware!

The other day I was reading Quilter BOB's blog and BOB mentioned something about having a day once in a while to let off steam. She suggested calling it Quilter BOB's BFF (Quilter BOB's Bitch Fest Friday). I feel the need to have one of those days occasionally! So today is that day.

If you do not want to read about my frustrations, please feel free to skip this post. I will not be offended.

I have so many frustrations but I will limit myself to just a few.

Right now one of my biggest frustrations is my son. I love him dearly, but he drives me crazy some days. I know, he is a teenager, that is what he is suppose to do, but he asks me something and then says 'What?' because he can't hear me. Why can't he hear me? Because he has earbuds or headphones on most of the time. Playing music from his iPod. How does he expect to hear me answer him when his ears are covered or plugged? AArrggghh!

Another frustration is that he expects me to do everything - EVERYthing - for him. If you have read my blog you know that my son is a full-time wheelchair user and legally blind. He is almost 18 years old. We are working on trying to teach him some independence skills, which he is strongly resisting.
I am not asking him to do things he is not capable of. Filling out his deposit receipts, folding laundry, helping cook, those kinds of things. And, everything I say - in go the earbuds, up goes the volume on the iPod, and he can't hear me! AArrgghh!

To end on a pleasant note, my husband searched and found the steel rods I need for my quilting frame. Together we got the old, cracked plastic tracks off, cut the rods and got the machine back on the frame. And, it seems to be working great! I am waiting for the black batting and design board I ordered then I can start quilting on Amish with a Twist. Oh yeah, after I finish the last applique border and get it sewn on!



1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Frustration Flinging!! I LOVE IT!! And I hear you about your son - wish I had some good advice to offer - but all I can think of is don't do it for him - let him do it himself - if it doesn't get done - you told him - Oh, he didn't hear you? - maybe he should take the ear buds out once in a while - he might know what's going on - because you QUIT your maid job - you have sewing to do - he's a big boy - it's his job now - he can do it - you KNOW he can - all with a big smile on your face - ;)) Easier said than done I know - but it's all I can think of - unless you can get his father to deliver the speech instead - ;)) It's about time he GREW UP!! And I like your quilt - VERY nice!! ;))