Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Frustration Flinging....

I missed Design Wall Monday.

That is a little frustrating.

What is more frustrating is....
my quilting frame and ironing board.
They are the spot where everyone in this house dumps things.

 Starting on the right, here you see the ironing board.... with yesterdays mail on it. Spread out so each piece can be easily seen.

Then, on the frame is the machine cover. I moved it off a chair so the chair could be sat on when we had a visitor yesterday. Then the Mega Quilter. Then some papers that need to be filed. Then a pile of fabrics and the bag they came in.

Then some items my son brought home from camp. He attended a camp for visually impaired kids. The theme was Go for the Gold because it is an Olympic year. They were fortunate enough to get to meet a fellow who was an Olympic diver in 1964, Louis Vitucci. He came and spoke to the kids and signed posters. My son got a poster of Micheal Phelps signed by Louis Vitucci. He also brought home a framed photo collage. There is a photo of his group and a photo of him building a Goldberg machine. He attended the STEM camp this year. Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. He wasn't too excited about it before he went because he hates math, but I think he had a pretty good time. They were paired up to work on the machines. Each team was videotaped and that was shown at the closing program of camp. All the teams did an awesome job making the machines. And, they all worked!

You can see in the middle pic the camp trunk there behind the frame. My son has mostly unpacked it so I could do his laundry. The remaining items stay because he goes to basketball camp July 5. The trunk normally gets stored in the basement, but since he is using it again I haven't put it away. But it is in my way. That is the only way I can get behind (or to the front) of my machine to quilt. Boo.

You can also see on the end of the frame another pile of stuff. That is stuff I want to keep, but don't know what to do with it. So I keep moving it around :)


Back to my design wall.

I have been working on the Cosmic Jewels kit, a Calico Carriage Quilt Designs, Debbie Maddy, designer.

I have two more rows to add at the top, then borders.

Why am I working on this instead of Amish with a Twist? Two reasons. 1) I thought I needed black batting for Amish but could not find any locally so I ordered some on-line. That shop was waiting for their supplier to send it to them. I got a shipping confirmation and tracking number yesterday. It should arrive July 2. Fair is July 18. I really want to hand quilt this quilt. Not sure I want to add that stress to my life. Still pondering.
2) I can't get to the machine (see trunk in above photo) to finish the quilt that is currently on the frame. I haven't been in too much of a hurry though, since the batting isn't here yet.

So, I figured I might as well working on piecing some more projects! At least I will have projects ready to go on the frame, right?


No comments: