Monday, July 2, 2012

Design Wall Monday

On my design wall today is
Serene Glow




The center blocks are a 36 patch. 36 1 inch squares. The center blocks finish at 6 inches. Just in case you wanted to know that.




I have the center blocks finished. Now I need to cut the rest.





I am doing some hand quilting in the evenings while my family watches the Olympic trials.

I do not know the name of this pattern. I am quilting it for a co-worker. It was pieced by her grandmother. 



I pulled this scrappy zig-zag quilt off the frame yesterday. 




I followed along with Judy L.'s feather lessons. I didn't make a Carpenters Square for that, but thought I could still practice on this. Awful! Let's just say I need LOTS more practice. 


When I realized that this wouldn't be donated for the FFA Auction quilt this year I decided to do a little more practicing. 



Some loops and straight lines in some of the triangles.








Some mussel shells.


Then my groovy board arrived so I thought I would practice that too. This quilt will stay here with me and keep me warm on a cold winter evening.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your "Serene Glow" is going to be BEAUTIFUL! - and your hand quilting is coming along nicely! The Zig-Zag quilt is perfect for practicing your FMQ - isn't it wonderful when you have the freedom to play/practice on something that doesn't have to be "perfect"? One question, though, - what's a groovy board?? - ;))