Monday, July 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday

I have been working on 2 projects this week.
QFK Cupcakes

Another Quilts for Kids.
They send me the cutest fabrics.
This one is cupcakes.
Looks yummy!
Some little girl will really like this, I think.











Also, Serene Glow.
Here is is in progress.

I do not care much from browns.
I like the colors in the center blocks.
I like how the browns gradually go from dark to light.
It is growing on me.
My husband really likes it.
He told me last night that he thinks
he might like it even better than
Amish with a Twist!

Last night I got it put together except for the borders
which I will add today.
I have a bunch of corners that were trimmed
off in the process of making the Flying Geese units. Not sure what I will do with those yet.

Amish with a Twist is completely finished.
I have the fair tag attached.
I just need to put it in the clear plastic bag.
I am also taking this Little Twister quilt.
Fair entries can be dropped off starting Wednesday evening.
Judging is Thursday morning.
My husband is expecting ribbons.
I am hoping for constructive comments.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm with you - I'm not a big fan of browns - but that quilt does seem to just GLOW!! And Amish with a Twist looks GREAT!! Good Luck at the Fair!! If I could vote - I'd vote for yours!! ;))