Monday, July 30, 2012

Design Wall Monday

It's that time again... time to show what's on your design wall. To see what others are working on go to Judy's blog here.

Here is what I have been working on...

A Quilts for Kids quilt.
They always send me the cutest fabrics.
I think these are great for a girl.
Cupcakes!






My lovely sister-in-law asked me to make her a new purse/wallet. She wanted it in denim and gave me an old pair of Levi's jeans to use.

She loves her old one and really had a hard time letting me take it, but I needed it to look at while making the new one.

This thing has 20!, yes 20, pockets in all.
It really is a nice size.
Big enough to hold the necessary items, like checkbook, credit cards, license, etc.
But small enough to fit into a bigger purse.
The little handles fits over the wrist if she needs to have her hands free.



I used a back pocket and the Levi's patch from the waist band for one of the outside pockets.


I used the zipper fly for the other outside pocket.


I used 3 different blue fabrics and 1 red bandana type print for the inside.


3 zippers - I do not enjoy putting in zippers.




There are 2 sides to this purse. One side opens flat and has credit card sized pockets. The other side opens to a zippered pocket and several open pockets.
The two sided zip closed and the zippers are attached to each other at the center.
The seams were really thick and my machine would not handle all that fabric so there was a lot of hand sewing.

But she is such a sweet person that I didn't mind doing it.

But, please, don't ask me to make another one!

1 comment:

Judy D in AZ said...

I love it and wish you hadn't said you wouldn't make another. Lucky sister.