Monday, October 5, 2020

Design Wall Monday

To see what other quilts have on their design walls go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

Ok Blogger, what's up?!

To start a new post I had to click on my name to go to my profile, then click the B button to the new post button. That is new to me. Did Blogger make more changes? EDIT: Another fun thing from Blogger this morning - I cannot use photos downloaded from my phone to the computer. Blogger will only allow me to download the photos from my phone???? Does that mean that once I remove photos from my phone they won't show up on the blog? I don't want to keep most of these on my phone. And, I am unable to center some photos so sorry for the wonky look of things today.

Anyway, this is what I have been working on.


This is Sticks and Stones. It is made from my stash except for the backing. It is a smallish quilt but is a nice lap size or would be good for a child, especially since there are a lot of novelty prints and that fun polka dot backing.

I have been working on my Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks. 

All the hexies for the 'flowers' are basted. I have four more to put together.

 
Nine flowers have been sewn together with green diamond 'leaves' and white hexie 'paths'. Some of the leaves are basted, as are some of the white hexies. I have a lot to do still.

I loaded another quilt on the frame - Double Disappearing Pinwheels from Missouri Star Quilt Company using beautiful Christmas fabrics.

 


It is pretty big - 85ish x 95ish. So big that it uses every inch of this quilt design - 4 boards put together. I don't have five, but five wouldn't fit on the frame table anyway.


I was talking to Son and GF (I need a better way to identify them, especially her, but I'm not sure I am comfortable using their names) over the weekend. She LOVES Halloween and they were telling me about their decorations. 
I showed them mine. 
 

This is a counted cross-stitch project done on perforated paper with beads pinned to my denim jacket. That is the extent of the decorating I do. I have discovered over the years that I like to decorate for the seasons, but I do not enjoy taking down and putting the decorations away. One year our Christmas tree was up so long that not only did it get decorated with hearts for Valentine's Day, but also with shamrocks for St Patrick's Day! Oops. In my defense, I was working full-time and just didn't have the energy. Also, Son was pretty young at that time and was enjoying the tree and all the different decorations it sported that year. :)

Harvest is in full swing around here. Husband finished the first field of beans. Then it rained over the weekend so he had to stop. He is going to try to open a field of corn today. 

Our COVID friend is very slowly improving. He still requires oxygen and can only talk for a few minutes before he becomes tired. Cases are increasing in our state, as they are in many places. Stay safe and well.

4 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your Sticks and Stones - and your hexies! I hear you on seasonal decorations - I have a Scarecrow and Christmas wreath that I hang on my door every year - but that's about it - except for my Christmas tree - that's up every day since it fits in "that" corner of the living room - and is too much trouble to take down and put back up every year - LOL - ;))

Bonnie said...

Your sticks and stones is great. You did such a great job of using bright, light fabrics. I feel the same way you do... enjoy the decorating but hate to take it down. I just remembered I actually have a Halloween tree that has counted cross stitch Halloween ornaments. Must get that out so we can enjoy it the rest of the month. Maybe tomorrow evening....

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

oh that sticks and stones is amazing!! what a great use of colors!

Quiltpiecer said...

Love your sticks and stones quilt. Scrap quilts are my favorite. I've been using blogger and have not had any problems with the pictures. I take pictures with my phone and upload those to my computer which I can then post in blogger. The one thing that annoys me is that the font in the post comes up in different sizes. But that may be because I change it from normal to medium but sometimes in the middle of a post it'll be large. It's annoying to have to go back in to change it. Oh, well.