Monday, October 19, 2020

Design Wall

 To see what other quilters are up go to 

Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I have been quilting on 
Disappearing Double Pinwheel.

I am close to a finish.

I have twenty-two Churn Dash blocks.

I have only one more 'flower' to stitch together for Grandmother's Flower Garden. There are still LOTS of white hexies and green diamonds to work on. This is a good project for TV time.

I am pondering a new quilt using an Amish barn scene panel.
This one will probably go to my SIL. Before COVID hit we had gone on a shopping trip and managed to end up in a quilt shop (imagine that!). We both liked this panel and she loves sunflowers. I will add a large piece of the sunflower fabric to the bottom to make it lap-sized. I'm am trying to decide which green to us as a border around all that. I have a red barn wood fabric that will be a final border. 

And, now for a small rant.
I do not like this coffeemaker. My Mr. Coffee coffeemaker recently stopped working. We had an extra one on standby. Husband insists we have extras of many items because you never know when you might need them and I am always glad we do have them. Anyway, the new one is a Rival brand. The carafe drips when I pour from it - when adding water to the water tank and pouring coffee into mugs. I do not like a drippy carafe. I thought it was me and tried to figure out if I was doing something wrong. It happens every time. I will be looking for a new Mr. Coffee coffeemaker.

I am also not happy with my internet provider.
Here is the program looking for a signal.

Finally found it. On a good day that usually reads 9.something. This 1.4 is really slow. I have been checking it every 15 minutes or so since 6:00 am and it has been anywhere from 170 K (really slow) to 1.4 M (still too slow). So frustrating. 
(It was 170K as I was typing this.)

Our COVID friend continues to improve. He has been around to see how Husband is doing with farming several times. They visit socially distanced in whichever field Husband is working in at the time. He carries his oxygen with him and has to use it sometimes. He doesn't think he will ever be the same as before he got COVID.
Son and GF continue to be well.

Stay safe and well.

PS - I read on someone's blog (sorry, I don't remember whose) to try logging out of Blogger then sign back in to take care of the photo problem. I tried it and it worked! 

I still can't figure out why my font is different sizes, though. It looks fine until I publish it.


2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your hexies and churn dash blocks - and the Amish panel. It looks good with the sunflowers. I'm glad to hear your covid friend is doing better. I have an idea on Blogger and will email you later - ;))

Bonnie said...

Blogger is, um, can I just say weird? I have been having the same problem with the font size. I carefully look at the preview. Any sections that have "grown" to big I highlight and click on the right size. I check again and all is fine. But, a day later when I check there is at least 2 sections that have grown again. Bah humbug! I'm finding our local internet is sluggish some times too. Probably not enough bandwidth coming into our neighborhood. We're mostly retired people and have a lot of time to spend on the internet (or quilting!) Hopefully it will get better eventually. Take care.