Thursday, July 23, 2020

What I Have Been Up To

The big Zucchini went from this

 
to this.
Six little loaves of bread. We have eaten two loaves already. Another is sliced, ready to eat. Husband likes to grab a slice or two when he comes in from chores. The other three are in the freezer.

My brother called on Monday. He would be in the area working the next day and wanted to meet me so I could give him the banners that I made for him. I asked him if he wanted any zucchini or bread. He declined both. They have plenty themselves. We had a nice visit standing in the parking lot of the local truck stop with our masks on. 

I made two Block Bs for border four of Designer Star.

Today I am stitching 1-1/2 inch scrappy squares together for a new project.

This is the year I need to renew my driver's license. Because I have to take the vision test I was unable to renew on-line. Of all years for that to happen, right? So I thought if I went early there might not be much of a line. I arrived about 15 minutes before opening and there were already six people in line. NONE of them were wearing masks. They were all standing close together talking, but I don't think any of them knew each other except for one woman and the two younger girls who were with her. There were a couple of large signs stating that masks were required. Since I needed to get in line I donned my mask and stood a good ways away from the person in front of me. More people arrived. I noticed they put their masks on as they got out of their cars. Promptly at 8:00 the door was opened. At that point people did put on their masks. We were instructed to stand on a red X on the floor  - spaced well and numbered. One of the staff had on a mask, the other did not, but there was a plexi-glass barrier at the counter. I was number 5 in line. The first man needed to change his address, but didn't have the correct documentation. He was not happy and got loudly vocal. He was asked to calm down. They patiently explained what he needed and he left. The next person was the woman with the two young girls. The younger girl (around 8-10, I think) had stayed outside. This older girl was a new driver taking the driving test. I noticed that everything was being sterilized between customers. GOOD. Finally it was my turn. They waived the vision test. I asked since they waived that could I have renewed on-line. They said NO. That makes no sense to me. Why make people come out in public and possibly be exposed if there is no need for it.  I will have to take the vision test when I renew in four year. I was out of there 20 minutes after entering the building. So not too bad, but I am dismayed that people feel that masks are not necessary. Maybe they aren't but why take the chance?

Stay safe and well.

No comments: