Monday, July 13, 2020

Today

To see what other quilters are up to go to 

I have veggies from the garden. Yummy!

Weeds from the front flower bed.
These photos were taken about an hour apart. I only got about half the bed weeded. 

The berries are almost done producing.
They are eaten by the birds as soon as they ripen. We haven't gotten to enjoy any of them, not a one. I think I will dig these out this fall or spring. They are thorny and kind of taking over this area. 

This sunflower is tall!
And, the first one to bloom.

Over the weekend I made 
more masks for a friend.
She will be attending a family funeral in two weeks and wanted masks for her adult children. She provided fabric for the fronts. 

I am about half way finished with quilting the Butterfly baby quilt.
I am using a heart design and white thread. The quilting doesn't show much, but provides some texture. I wanted the focus to be on the sunflowers and butterflies.

We hadn't heard from our friend who tested positive for COVID-19. We don't have contact information for any of his children. His cellphone went straight to voice-mail when Husband tried calling. He called us yesterday. He had to call an ambulance last week when he became too weak to walk. He had been in the ICU since Thursday. He had only been able to contact one son. He isn't allowed any visitors. He was moved to a room yesterday. He sounded terrible. He can hardly talk, said it was painful to breathe, feels horrible, hurts all over. He says this virus is not a joke.

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

Judy Hansen said...

I am praying for a fast recovery for your friend. Sounds like he has a bad case of the virus. I love your heart quilting on the baby quilt. It looks great, and as you said, the emphasis will be on the flower and butterfly. Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Monday; I so enjoy seeing what you are doing.