Monday, July 6, 2020

What I am doing today

I quick walk around the yard revealed - 
Black Eyed Susans starting to open. 
Monarda, or Bee Balm, given to me by a friend. It looks a little rough, but will bloom soon. Hopefully, some rain will
get it going soon.
 

Some of the green beans are looking bad thanks to the birds and wind. Some might produce. Guess we will have to wait and see.
Sugar snap peas are hard to see! They look like leaves.
 

I did find a handful and there are blossoms so there will be more!

I got a new light above my big cutting table in the garage. 
It is a high lumen LED bulb and is 
pretty bright. I don't do a lot of cutting at night, but it does help out on cloudy days.

I got a request for some bowl buddies. 
My friend's grandson is in high school and involved in several music programs. He also is working at the local pizza place. He and his mom requested music and pizza themed bowl buddies.

And, now I am back to sewing blocks for Designer Star.

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

We got a call from a friend yesterday. He had spent some time with family during this past week. Some of them were not feeling well. He began to not feel well over the weekend. He went to the ER and has tested positive for COVID-19. They admitted him to the hospital. He had been at our house before he left to spend time with family. I am really hoping that he does ok. I am also really hoping that he was exposed after he was at our house. We have been trying really hard to be careful. We don't go out except to get groceries and farm supplies. We have gotten take-out meals a few times. But we are not going to bars or restaurants or where there are crowds. We are wearing masks and social distancing when we are out and around people. I hope you are too.

Stay safe and well.

3 comments:

For the love of geese said...

Wishing you well and that he was exposed after. DH uses these bulbs in his shed and they are very bright. For my sewing room I have the 4500 lumen 4' shop lights and they are great also.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I hope your friend does well - and that you and your husband were not exposed. Your bright light looks like a great addition to the garage space - ;))

Dolly said...

Hoping all stays well with you, and that your friend recovers quickly.

I love my blackeyed Susans......they go so well with my Coneflowers.