Friday, July 17, 2020

Decisions

I finished quilting the Butterfly baby quilt yesterday. Now I need to decide on the binding. I have four three options.

One option - the one to use the background fabric for the binding - is no longer an option. There isn't enough of the background fabric left.

I could use the backing fabric. 
It is a light pink very close to the background fabric. There is plenty of it left. I don't usually like to use lighter colors for bindings, but this looks good.



Or, I could use the blue-to-green ombre that is the inner border.  
There is enough. It would take some planning and careful cutting and piecing to match the inner border. But, it is 'too much' or does it help 'frame' the quilt?

Or I could use a darker pink print. 
 
The mother likes pink. It is darker, which I like to use for bindings. This is leftover from another quilt, but there is plenty for a binding.

What to do, what to do. 
I know they will be happy with whichever option I choose.

I am pretty sure which option I will use but I am interested in your opinions. They might be different from mine!

While I was using my big cutting table in the garage to square up this quilt I could hear a plane outside. I peeked out and saw this was going on.





Somebody's field, not ours, was getting sprayed. It amazes me how low these planes get then swoop almost straight up at the end of the field, make a wide turn and swoop back down again. And, not fly into power lines or tall buildings. It is fun to watch them. 

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your butterfly quilt is SO pretty!! I usually go with a darker binding, too - but I would be tempted to use the lighter pink on this one - decisions, decisions - ;))