Monday, October 26, 2020

It's Monday Again

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I have been busy mostly prepping projects, not really sewing or quilting much.

Crimson Poppy - papers are cut and organized into baggies. The fabric has been labeled and is being cut and organized.




More Churn Dash blocks are being cut.

My quilt group met over the weekend to exchange our bags. I have the pieces for that block cut.
It was decided at this meeting to speed things up so we can be finished with this exchange before Christmas. So now we will meet every two weeks instead of once a month. Then we will take a break until spring and hopefully, things will have settled down with the virus. If not, we will at least be able to meet outside again. We all wear masks at our meetings, even outside, but I think we will all feel safer outside. I know I will.

You know there is a quilter in the house when the mending is done with pretty fabrics. At least I think it is pretty, but the color was a close match and I only had a small piece, a piece just the right size to double over and mend this small hole under the back pocket of Husband's jeans.

I kept hearing something hit the big front window and door. I finally was able to figure out what it was.
This little guy, a Golden-Crowned Kinglet,  must have seen his reflection and thought he was defending his territory. After he hit the front door he may have been a little stunned as he sat on the decking right outside the door for quite a while. He didn't fly off even after I walked by the door several times, pausing to take his photo. He finally did fly away.

Friday afternoon it was predicted that we would get some rain. I thought this tree looked pretty with the sun shining on it and the dark sky behind.
We did get a little rain, but not enough to stop the farmers from going about their business.

Today lime is being delivered in the field across the road from my house.
There will be four piles there soon and this will get spread across the field to improve the soil for next year's crop.

My top priority today is the land-line. We have had terrible issues for several years. The last time a service tech was here, which was this summer, he told us that the cable to our house was on its last leg (or line). Today I was told that the cable is beyond repair. We are the only customer on the line from the point where it is bad. It is an underground cable and goes under the road. The phone company does not deem it to be too costly to repair/replace. So, no land-line for us. I have had a cell phone for a long time; Husband only just got used to using one in the last few months. Thankfully, that is going well. I had to call to cancel our service, but we have a security bundle through the phone company. Billing for that is tied to our land-line phone and since that is being cancelled we have to set up an alternate payment method. That requires talking to a different department, which is very busy. I have been on hold most of the morning. Finally, I was given the option to have a call-back. So now I am waiting for that. 

Our Covid friend is doing well. My son and his GF and her sister are feeling fine. 

Stay safe and well.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your Crimson Poppy is going to be gorgeous!! You are SO organized - SO neat and tidy - no wonder you get so much done! Beautiful tree - makes me want to do another "confetti" quilt. Glad to hear your Covid friend is doing better and that your Son and his GF are feeling good - ;))

Judy Hansen said...

Wow, the Crimson Poppy is a beautiful quilt! I like the idea of bagging the parts and fabrics before you start. I'm looking forward to your progress on this beauty. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, Judy