Monday, September 17, 2018

Something New and a Redo

Sunday is our shopping day. This time it was to the farm store and W-M. We were almost done when husband said, "The last one! You need this." I have seen these before, but wasn't willing to pay the price. This one was less expensive and probably not as well made, but it will work for me. My husband is so encouraging and understanding about my quilting. It went together easily and quickly. It also got filled quickly!






I finished my block for the Exchange. I had some trouble getting it to fit together before realizing the HSTs needed to be trimmed to 2 inches. I am not sure I like it, but that may be influenced by the fact that I had trouble putting it together. I had trouble getting seams and points matched to my satisfaction and had to redo most of them several times. It looks a little wonky/wrinkly in the picture, but I promise it looks better than this in real life.
 



The original was done in Christmas fabrics. The block is Arrow Crown.












I picked up the Flag Afghan again yesterday evening and decided I was not happy with the look of the color change carry over with the blue and red/white. So, I ripped back to where the blue started and made a slight change in the way I was doing the color change. 

I did the ripping out last evening after Husband went to bed. He doesn't like to see me take things out. I just let the yarn pool on the floor around my chair.  This morning he said, "What happened?!" and shook his head. I will get caught up again, it may take a while, but I am much happier with the way it is looking.


Small Quilts and Doll Quilts is hosting Design Wall Mondays. 



Edit: Blogger is making me crazy. My post looks good, then I publish it and it doesn't look like I expected. I try to fix it, but it still doesn't always come out they way I want. Oh well.
 

2 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Cindy, I looked at your blocks up close; they are beautifully pieced. I too am disappointed sometimes in how blogger shows my photos. Happy Stitching!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like your new cart - very handy! And your Arrow Crown block looks very similar to the Swoon blocks that I made a couple of months ago. I made mine like a 9-patch - center square - 4 "middles" - and 4 "corners - it was easier for me than trying to sew and match all of those seams on all of those rows - ;))