Monday, September 10, 2018

Oh, Monday, I Am Not Ready

Things at school are settling down, a little. Not as much as I had hoped. The Kindergarten group this year is a challenge. I am tired.
And, now I have a cold. I could feel it coming on Friday with a scratchy throat. I tried to get a lot of rest over the weekend, taking several naps and going to bed early. Today is going to be a long day, I think.
 
edit: I wasn't able to finish this post before heading out the door to school. It WAS a long day, but not as bad as I thought it would be.
 
Since I didn't have much energy I did a lot of sitting around, but I managed to get more done on the Flag Afghan.
 
 

    
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I got a good start on the blue.
 I think I am about half finished, but I am sure the stars will take some time.
 
I got the pieces cut for my block for the Exchange.
 
I was going to go with the dark pink, but...
...changed my mind and went with purple. The yellow/gold that I ordered arrived Saturday.
 Pieces are cut and ready to sew.
 
I took a look at my volunteer cantaloupe and found one ready to eat.
 
It is small, but it smells wonderful so I am sure it will taste great! 
  
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts is hosting 
Design Wall Mondays and  
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to 
finish '18 in 2018'.  Check them out.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Haha - I don't like Mondays, either! I like your afghan and your Arrow Crown block - those colors are really pretty. Volunteer cantaloupe and asparagus - lucky you!! - ;))