Saturday, September 1, 2018

A Long, Hot Week

and, I am glad it is over. I am also happy to have a long weekend to rest.

I know it it Labor Day weekend, and I have been laboring a little and plan to do more. Laundry is going, dishwasher had it's turn, looking for items lost, worked in the yard. When I went back out after lunch to do more yard worked those tiny black bugs that seem to me all mouth were out also. They drove me back in with their biting. But, I did get a few pictures of my flowers. Remember, this has not been a good year for any green growing thing at my house. It has been very dry.

I bought a couple of boxes of mixed wildflowers and threw them out along the north side of our garage about mid-summer when it became clear that nothing else I planted would survive. They are doing pretty well! The butterflies love them.
And, these finally started blooming. I love sunflowers.

I also participated in a painting class this week. My friend wanted to go to but had a schedule change so she couldn't make it. I was happy to see a couple of other people I knew and they invited me to sit with them. I had a really good time.
I covered their faces for privacy. This is what the blocks are SUPPOSE to look like after framing. Mine wasn't framed yet. As I was waiting my turn for the frame to get added I decided to help clean up a little. I spilled black paint on my red and white block. Darn!
But, as the girls said, at least I didn't spill on someone else's block! I would have felt sooo bad if I had done that.

I am hoping to find matching paint so I can just touch up over the black. If that doesn't work I can repaint the whole thing or add some wood cut out 'appliques' or add some ribbon and silk flowers over the spots or....?

And, weirdly, the ink cartridges that I installed in my printer are still working! I have printed several color pages since putting them in and they have all come out fine.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Darn! I hope you can fix your painting somehow - or just leave it the way it is - it has a great story - a good time with friends and a very helpful YOU - ;))

Hope you have a nice LONG weekend!! - :))