Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Making Good Use of My Time

Today we had excessive heat once again so school dismissed 2 hours early.

I tried to make good use of the extra time. I cut all the shirts and started arranging them in rows.
Hmmm... need to space the blacks and teal/blue shirts further apart.
Better, but it still needs some rearranging.
There, I think this is it. The T-shirts that seem really long or like there are two of the same color one above the other are the front and back of a shirt and will get sewn together. There are 11 of those.

When I got home from work I found Husband doing this...

This field is right behind and to the side of our house. So when I got home I walked over to see how he was doing. The A/C in the combine quit almost immediately he told me. I was a little worried about him being in the combine with no A/C, but it isn't long until he is in the tractor to take a load to town. The tractor has A/C so that helps.
He has had it worked on a couple of times so it is frustrating that it still isn't working.

I was feeling a little bad about him working so hard and me having time to do what I want, but I was working on the T-shirts at the wonderful big table that is in the garage - with no A/C. I know, no comparison between fun quilt stuff and hard farm work, even if it is hot.

I have been sent an email that school will dismiss early again tomorrow. I hope to get a good start on fusing the interfacing to the backs of those T-shirts.


Small Quilts and Doll Quilts is hosting 
Design Wall Mondays and  

What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to 


finish '18 in 2018'.  Check them out.

No comments: