Monday, September 3, 2018

Measuring and Thinking


On this HOT Labor Day I have been busy.
I have pulled weeds, planted a purple Aster, and mowed. By then it was HOT so I came inside to shower and cool off. I started to crochet a row on the Flag afghan but a friend stopped by to visit with my husband.
I have almost 3 rows finished. When I first started this it was taking about 35 minutes to do one row. Now I am able to do a row in 20-25 minutes.

After a quick lunch I decided to get busy on some quilt projects.

I wanted to get started on my block, Arrow Crown, for the new Exchange quilt, but decided to wait. I have 3 more gold/yellow fabrics ordered and I think I may want to use at least one of them in this block.
I am using black instead of white for the background, gold/yellow for the black triangles and points, dark pink for the red, and possibly the lighter pink for the center. I am also thinking of replacing the green/white print for black, or maybe a lighter pink.
I am using solids and black.
Here is my center medallion.

I measured the t-shirts for a quilt.
I need to work on the lay-out now.

Small Quilts and Doll Quilts is hosting 
Design Wall Mondays and  
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to 

finish '18 in 2018'.  Check them out.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You certainly are keeping busy!! I love your medallion - and you're making good time on that afghan - ;))