Friday, April 27, 2018

Friday, Friday

It has been mostly sunny and a little warmer this week. Yay!
Today is starting out sunny, not as warm as yesterday with a little more wind, but 
I am NOT complaining. I love the sun and it is great weather for outside recess. 
I will be taking my math groups outside for some fun learning activities today, too.

The secretary started posting the number of days left in the school year on her 
window that overlooks the hallway. We are down to 22 days remaining. 
I think ALL of us, students and staff, are ready for summer break.

Some of my crankypants rantings for this week are:
-while do people congregate in doorways to have long conversations? 
That makes it impossible for other people to get through. 
And, even worse, they don't move, even after several people have tried to get through!

- the staff restrooms are tiny. The garbage can is under the paper towel dispenser just inside the door, yet there are paper towels on the floor all the time! I don't know how they miss.
This happens in the student restrooms also. 
My questions are WHY? and, do they do this at home? Doubtful, so why do it in public? 
That is just rude and disrespectful, if you ask me, which nobody has so that is just MY opinion.

The toilet paper dispenser, middle left. The toilet is just past that with the sink to the left.
I am a little sad about my plants. The weather has not been right for them to get planted outside. 
We have had below freezing temps at night several nights in a row and these plants are not big enough to withstand that yet. I have them in a sunny window and water them when needed.



The Tiarella Sugar and Spice is blooming with a couple more buds at the base.
The Agastache Black Adder is doing well, also.
 

But, these two, the orange Butterfly Plant and Echium Red Feathers, look really sad.
I am especially unhappy that the Butterfly Plant is not doing well. My brother had planted one 
at their house. When I saw it this past summer in bloom I thought it was just beautiful. I am 
hoping to find another one for sale that is more established in a bigger pot. I am also going to 
ask my sister-in-law if I can get a cutting from the one at their house.

http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/design-wall-monday-april-23-2018.html
 
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
 
Check them out.

No comments: