Wednesday, April 18, 2018

April...seriously?

As I left work on Monday afternoon this is what my car looked like...



...icicles! And, more rain, freezing rain, snow is predicted for tonight and tomorrow.
What we are getting is nothing compared to other states, but I am really tired of all this.
April, seriously, straighten up and behave!

Not much sewing going on here. 
I altered the media cart cover after a fitting and it fits much better. 
I still need to make the hole for the cords on the top. 

I had a lovely Saturday with my quilt buddies at a local quilt show. 
They are a great group of ladies and we always have good conversation, good food, and quite a few laughs. I am blessed that husband understands that I need this time with these wonderful people. 
He always asks how 'the ladies' are and what I purchased.

The status of the sewing room has not changed. I need my son to go through some more and either take it or get rid of it. Hopefully this summer when we both have more time for that I can make some progress on getting a bed in there and more organization done. It is amazing how much stuff a person can accumulate and not realize what a burden it can be.

Quilt retreat is this week starting Thursday. We are really short on subs again this year so I am only able to take Friday off this time. I will go Thursday after work and then be able to attend every day through Sunday. Again, my husband recognizes my need for this and is willing to fend for himself for those days. I make sure there are plenty of food options for him to heat up.
I need to go back my rolling bag with projects. Guess I need to figure what those will be!

http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/design-wall-monday-april-16-2018.html
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
Check them out.

No comments: