Monday, April 30, 2018

30 Days of Gratitude

Edit: Oops, meant for this to post Tuesday, May 1st, but I hit publish instead of schedule.

I saw this on Facebook and am assuming it is for the May,
oh, but there are 31 days in May.
Oh well, I am going to play along anyway.
I don't know if this will show up, but I will give it a try.

Image may contain: text

The Gratitude for today is #1 What smell are you grateful for today?
Hmmm? There are so many smells I enjoy. Fresh baked cookies and bread.
I LOVE the smell of lilacs. 


Mine aren't blooming yet, but they are leaving out.

 I am looking forward to that fabulous smell!
Freshly mown grass, alfalfa in bloom, rain.
Those are all wonderful smells.

But, you know how a person has their own smell, their own scent?
I am most grateful for the smell of my husband. 
That means I am blessed that he is still with me, on this earth.
I think of my sister-in-law often and hope she is doing ok. I know she is not, not really. Her whole world has changed. She and my brother had such a wonderful connection and that is gone for her now. I know she has family and friends who love her and try to be there for her. She is keeping busy with work and spending time with her daughter and friends, but I know she is lonely and sad. I am sad for her, but I also know that she will need to find her own way and she will. In time. I hope. 
So, today, I am thankful for the smell of my husband. And, feel so blessed to have him.

http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2018/04/design-wall-monday-april-30-2018.html
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
Check them out.


No comments: