Friday, August 5, 2011

We Interrupt This Program...

My summers are usually filled with lots of sewing/quilting. I work as a teacher's aide during the school year and usually don't get a whole lot of anything else done. After work time and weekends are filled with the normal household stuff like fixing meals, laundry, the usual cleaning, resting, and a little sewing/quilting/knitting! So during the summer I work like a maniac to get as much sewing/quilting done as I can. And, then along comes....



My husband LOVES corn. My son and I like it, too. So every summer we get some and freeze it so we get to enjoy it throughout the winter. This year we put up 32 dozen ears. We husk and clean it. Then I blanch it and cut it from the cobs with a great little gadget called a Kernel Kutter. I have a nail stuck through a round wooden board (from a craft store) that is placed inside a Tupperware container - I think it is a cupcake holder. That contains the kernels. I put about 3 cups of corn into freezer bags, smush them flat, letting out the air. Then I stack them in the freezer.
Yummy!

No comments: