Monday, July 18, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I have been busy again this week. I am still working on the star blocks. I am really happy with the way this is turning out. Here you see some blocks before they are sewn together. Doesn't look like they will be a star does it!


I had read about Quilts for Kids in a magazine my mom had given me. I decided to check it out. The quilts are given to kids you are You can request a kit. They sent me a kit with the dinosaur fabrics. My job was to put sew it together, quilt it and bind it. The kit included the fabrics for the front and back. I provided the batting and machine quilted it. They ask that the quilting be close and all sewing be done by machine as the quilts get washed daily. The suggest to fold the backing to the front and machine sew that down. I did that using a decorative feather stitch. I think it turned out nicely. I had a cute kitty print in my stash so I decided to make another quilt using it.

Well, I cannot seem to figure out how to place pics where I want them! The first pic is the back of the quilt and the second pic is the front. The fabric selvage said this print is called Dinosaur Tracks. I think it is bright and cheerful and hope the child who receives it enjoys it and feels comforted. The third pic is the top with the kitty print.

7 comments:

Miri said...

Your star quilt is wonderful...never would guessed those blocks would make stars!

Terrific kids quilts!

Quilty Conscience said...

I agree! Who would have thought those would make stars? Really lovely! Toni

AnnieO said...

I wouldn't have figured out stars from those blocks either--very very pretty. A Quilts for Kids kit is sitting on my sewing desk now, my second one. You explained all the directions well :)

Mary said...

You fooled me about making star blocks. They don't look like it by the first picture. Neat trick! Cute QFK quilts. They go to a good cause.

Shirley J said...

I LOVE Quilts for kids. Yours are too cute! I have problems placing pictures in Blogger to. Sounds like we have a lot of the same likes. GOOD JOB!

Terry said...

Your star quilt is so pretty! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment about my chickens! I appreciate it! :0)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Me, too! I never would have thought those blocks would make stars! How clever!

And thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - you ARE a no-reply commenter, by the way. Since I couldn't reply directly to your comment by email - I added my answer as another comment. Go take a look. ;))
^..^