Monday, July 11, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Finally.... I am able to post on Design Wall Monday.
I have been busy quilting/sewing, just
not posting.
Right now I am working on this - Spinning Stars, a Bits 'n Pieces Pattern by the Rabbit Factory. I am using batik fabrics. Love the colors.

I have also been busy doing this.


They both were dresses. The first
one had a small hole so I cut it off just under the hole, put in a casing, and made it a skirt. The second one was a little tight in the bodice so I cut it off around the waistline and turned it under to make a waistband. There is a zipper at the middle back. It worked out well. I used fabric from the bodices to make pockets. I need pockets!





2 comments:

Shellie said...

The batiks are pretty and I love the repurposed skirts.

Vicki H. said...

Very pretty quilt. Your skirt idea is great. I have a question for you- on my blog you comment about the hockey jersey quilt. I am going to stabilize with the tricot interfacing, do you need to fuse to fabric also? And did you tie the quilt off , I want to long arm this project but didn't know if it would work. Thanks!
Vicki
www.mycreativecorner3.blogspot.com