Friday, July 8, 2011

Busy...

Every summer when school is out I work like crazy to get caught up on UFOs. But, I also started something new. I was inspired by this post:
http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2011/04/living-up-to-my-blog-name.html
and thought it would be a good way to use up my scraps. And it did!

Sorry I haven't figured out how to put links in yet. :(


I store my scraps using Bonnie Hunter's method - mo
stly. I have a tubs of scraps starting at less than 2", 2", 2 - 1/2", 3", 3 - 1/2", and then a tub with big ziplock for 4", 4 - 1/2", 5", 5 - 1/2" and 6". These scraps are cut as strips and squares. I cut my scraps as big as I can from the pieces left over.
I started with my tub of less than 2" and started sewing strips together. Then trimmed into triangles, sewed the triangles into rows....

Towards the end I started wondering if I would ever have enough for what I wanted to do. I used up all the less than 2" strips and had to cut into the larger strips. I found that I had a lot of blue scraps for some reason. I made a cover for my Mega Quilter.

It was a good use of my scraps and good for practicing my machine quilting.
I still haven't figured out how to place photos so I can type around them :(
Guess I don't do this enough!



No comments: