Monday, August 15, 2011

Design Wall Monday...





On my design wall this week...

I am STILL working on Shining Stars blocks. I am really getting tired of this one. I how is looks as it is coming together, but I just want to be finished piecing it.












I am also working on Strip Around the Block as sort of leaders/enders between the Shining Stars blocks. It is coming along nicely.










In between sewing I have been over run with yellow squash from the garden. Yesterday I made pickles and relish with it. I have made bread and butter pickles with cucumbers, but have never done that with squash. Also, a first for any kind of relish. It will be interesting to see how they turn out.

Even with all that I still have a box full of squash and haven't been to the garden to see what is out there today. I am afraid to look! :) Notice the one on top that is 2 fused together. I have gotten about 5 like that this year so far. I don't know what causes it, but it seems like there are a lot on the vines. They are growing fast and so close together.

4 comments:

Happy Room Diana said...

The shining stars looks great, hope you get it finished soon.

Marian said...

Love your projects, and your pickle looks yummy. I had some squash pickle years ago, and I really liked it. But I can't ever get enough squash, I love it!

Vicki H. said...

I like the strip around the block blocks too. Good luck with the squash, my garden is coming in finally but not like yours!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Ooooohhh I am jealous of your yellow squash! I will put that on the list of things to try to grow next year!