Monday, August 8, 2011

Design Wall Monday




On my design wall I still have....

Shining Stars. I am beginning to feel like this is a never-ending project. I thought I had enough blocks made only to find out I did NOT. Have to make eleven more. Not a big deal, except that I had put the fabric away. Still not a big deal because it is handy to get to. I am just getting tired of working on this one.














So I am working on another one at the same time! This one is called Strip Around the Block by Carol Morrissey. My wonderful husband snags the Keepsake Quilting catalog when it arrives. He picks out some kits he likes and I get them as birthday and Christmas gifts! Lucky me. And, we tend to like the same things which makes it even better.

You can see in the pics that I am using mini design boards. I need to make some more. They really help me keep things organized.
I saw the tutorial at Bee In My Bonnet. She has some great ideas. Go check it out.

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Love both of these projects! It's always good to have something else to work on when you get tired of one of your projects.

Gail said...

Both projects have me drooling. Aren't you lucky that your hubby is so quilt interested! I like the mini desing board idea, I need to give it a try.

Unknown said...

I like both of them! Can't wait (and sounds like you feel the same) to see Shining Stars sewn together. I love the pattern

Geta Grama said...

Love the small white squares in the first photo - they add so much to the pattern!

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

Love the shinning stars block, this will turn into a great quilt when all finished.

I am just starting a quilt/sewing blog, and am organizing a christmas fabric swap, and was wondering if you would be interested in joining in, if so you can read about it here at, Paula's Crafty boutique.
Happy quilting!